Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday monday

Today it has been exactly a week that E started his new job. 
When he first started I thought it would be good for the two of us. After having spent the last 6 weeks almost constantly together - you know what they say - absence makes the heart grow stronger (even though I have to say we are actually very good together - it takes a lot to make us annoyed at each other).
Well, it wasn't quite like I imagined. I had some real problems getting myself organized and getting anything done. One reason could be that I have just been incredibly tired. I feel like I could sleep all day and have no motivation to do anything. And then of course - I still miss my friends very much. I often find myself in a funky shop or a nice cafe wishing I could have one of my people here to explore together or at least talk about it on the phone or at work afterwards.
I think it isn't a secret that I wasn't very fond of my job but I find myself missing it. Not the tasks so much but the order of things, the accomplishment, getting stuff done. 

But before we left Holland I set myself a few tasks. One is to finish my Photography studies, two is to figure out what I actually want to do job wise and three to do everything I can to pursue it. 
And to do that I need to focus, I need to take the time that it needs but I also need to force myself to get stuff done. I think taking any old office job that comes my way would be a step in the wrong direction because I know I will be stuck there. A lot has to happen for me to leave an employer.

Steps that I have taken to get myself focused:
*I bought some Iron pills - as I think my tiredness might be the result of a lack of iron in my blood
*I am going for long walks exploring the neighborhood - strangely this really uplifts my mood even when the weather is not nice
*Really follow my to do-list
*Apply at the social security office for a social security card

Alright, now I have to get going. And tonight I have my sewing class!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Hi A, You might like to take a look at the book 'What color is your parachute?' by Richard Nelson Bolles. It has a number of exercises to help highlight the types of things you like doing and how you can apply them to a career. I borrowed this from MW and found it very useful in my job search. Maybe it can help you find your dream job...

The Austrian said...

Thank you for the tip! I will check it out!