Friday, December 19, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ...

We had another snowstorm last night and now we have A LOT of snow. A lot of kids got "snow free" today and didn't have to go to school. As a kid I always dreamed of getting a day off for too much snow. It's the greatest thing - you don't have to go to school and you get to play in the snow. What more can one ask for. Now I think - poor parents - how do people deal with that if they have to go to work and their kids get off school unexpectedly? 

I still love the snow. But then I don't have to go to work yet. I am sure if I'd have to drive or go to work with snow drenched shoes, I wouldn't like the snow as much.


I thought I'd post some pictures of the neighborhood, including some pictures of the nice Christmas decorations some people have put up.



Cars buried in snow



unfortunately not all sidewalks are as clean as this one



If you think that's over the top you haven't been to America


a red wreath on a red back round - a bit diabolic but pretty





I have seen bigger icicles





That's an alleyway - that's where you put your trash and that's where peoples garages are.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Even though coming from Sweden I had never heard of such a thing as a snow or ice day before moving to Michigan. Funny! We ended up having an ice day one time in Michigan, but were usually protected by the lake compared to Chicago. Would love to have snow here in the Netherlands. Going to Sweden but heard there is no snow there neither. I am jealous!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had the kind of Christmas like a Christmas is supposed to be: cold, dark and best of all: lots of snow. All these ingredients were missing from mine. It feels so weird celebrating xmas in 35 degrees and a clear blue sky, at the beach. But I took it.
Hope you are having a good time and the best wishes for the new year for the both of you.